CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Precious little beats....

I got to hear the heartbeat today!!!! It was the coolest thing ever & so exciting! The heart rate was 150-160's & very strong. I have heard little heartbeats before when I worked in the ER & had to find them occasionally on a patient, BUT it is nothing like hearing OUR baby's, in MY belly!! I just can't believe it! Somehow I did not lose any weight??? Not sure how I didn't with the daily nausea, no appetite & sleeping because it's the only time I feel good....or maybe my growing boobs are making up for it? Who knows? My weight was exactly the same. I am now 10 weeks & 4 days, so hopefully all this nausea stuff is about to be over with soon. I cannot believe I am a week & a half away from the end of my 1st trimester! WOW! I do have some belly pics (Liz) but there's nothing to show yet, so I'm holding off on those. I don't really feel the need to broadcast my moley belly to the world yet & not have anything to show for it! :) I promise, there will be plenty to come!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it!!!!! I am so glad you got to hear your little baby's heartbeat. There is nothing in the world like hearing that little heart beating for the very first time. I remember hearing Carter and Mason's for the first time like it was yesterday. I am thrilled for you!!!!!

Samantha said...

Isn't that just the sweetest sound ever?! That little person is a part of you and will be here before you know it--I am so excited for the both of you. I can't wait to see your growing belly!!

Deana said...

Oh how awesome!!! I am so happy for you guys! That moment you just want them to keep the u/s wand on your belly or at least I did :-)I can't wait to hear more!!!

Joy said...

It really sinks in when you hear that doesn't it? when you see that little bitty thing the first time yea it's a baby but when you hear that beat it is unlike anything else. I am soooo excited for you guys and look foward to hearing and seeing more:)