Last week was one interesting week, to say the least, & life-changing....for the next 10 weeks. I found out last week that I have gestational diabetes. Seriously??? Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction, followed by a little pity party for a couple days. That's why my poor blog has been suffering...sorry. Anywho, I basically failed my 1 hour & 3 hour glucose tolerance test. My fasting (not eating for a LONG time for me) blood sugar was fine, but after drinking the flavored syrup (which wasn't bad at all), my 1 hour & 2 hour blood sugar was high, but my 3 hour test was good. SO, I had to meet with the diabetic educator/counselor chick who is making me check my sugar 4 times a day & count carbs now!!! Seriously??? Again, my exact words. Remember, I have always been healty, eaten well & been active, so this is a HUGE change. I'm pregnant dangit & just want to EAT!!! Needless to say, I am learning a LOT about food & carbs now & it gave me motivation to get back on the treadmill!! I quit walking on it about a month & a half ago & just haven't gotten back on it...until last week! So, if you ever want to know how many carbs are in 15 french fries, 1 cup of milk or 2 cookies, I'm your girl! Thank goodness this is only a pregnancy thing & I wasn't just told I'm diabetic for the rest of my life, plus I get a little crying, pooping reward in the end! :)
I am headed to Franklin on Thursday & CAN NOT WAIT to get there!!! My sister & 2 closest friends, Sam & Liz, are having a baby shower for us on Saturday!!! YAY!! I am really looking forward to this trip because I will get to see a lot of my friends & family. This may possibly be my last trip home alone before Miss Finley makes her appearance? We'll see? I will have lots of pictures on my next post, so stay tuned!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thank goodness it is only a pregnancy thing and you don't have too much longer to count carbs :). I can't wait to see you on saturday and love on Finley!! No more posts without a belly pic :) ok?!
Oh my gosh- I would have said the exact same thing but probably would have sat there and just shook my head too. When they said you have Celiac dz- I said no can't be- that doesn't fit into my lifestyle, I have been brought up on bread and pasta and I refuse to give that up- I pay for it dearly, just don't abuse it. Proud of you for getting back on the treadmill- wish I had done that w/Dayne- Tallan I stayed in the pool- Have a wonderful baby shower!!!! Safe travels, I will scream for you on Saturday as we play Auburn :-)
Post a Comment