First of all, my birthday was Jan. 19th & we just hung out, then went out for a very yummy dinner. My day started with some beautiful flowers from my wonderful Mom & step-dad.
Then, Jimmy comes home with a SPA gift certificate & one of those edible arrangements!! 1 hour massage & pedicure here I come!! I can't wait til this Wed!! The fruit was very good too!
The next day, we headed to Jimmy's parents' house for a little visit. His brother has an 8 mth old & he is a little stud. He's solid as a rock & wearing 24 mth clothes! He wasn't too sure about "his" granny/papa holding another baby...a little jealousy going on. It was really cute.
Unfortunately, our visit was cut short by some VERY sad news.......my brother-in-law's dad took his own life that afternoon. We immediately packed up & headed home to re-pack for a trip to Franklin. If you don't know, my sister & bro-in-law have been together since I was 8! His dad has been family to me ever since & has been a fixture in my life. He was such an amazing man that adored his family & was nothing but good to me. He was family & will be dearly missed. Family gatherings will never be the same without him. He ALWAYS kissed me on the cheek every single time he saw me & I will miss those kisses. Jimmy thought the world of him because he always made him feel welcome & accepted in our family. They had their own connection because they both grew up very poor & made something of themselves. He always had encouraging words & kind words. I loved that man! You will be missed Jimmy Byram! We love you!

Please keep my sister & bro-in-law & his family in your prayers.


3 comments:
WOW that fruit basket looks yummy and I admit to being a little jealous of your spa day!
So sorry for your sister and BIL and the rest of his family. it is true when they say depression hurts everyone, it is all so sad.
The dr's hubs works for and their dad were friends with him and had hunted with him for years.
Thanks Joy! He knew soooo many people & was loved by many. The funeral was unbelievable...I've never seen that many people at a burial before. He was an awesome man!
Glad you had a great birthday, your gift was awesome!! I am praying for all of you for your loss.
Post a Comment